Sunday, January 11, 2009

She has arrived

Ashley Jane Thomson decided to make an appearance at 10:33 am on Jan 8, 2009 at Newark Beth Israel Hospital in Newark, NJ. She weighed in at 10 lbs. 1 oz., and was 19 3/4 in. long.

Ashley was a little anxious to come, so my labor was only four hours. The downside to this is that there was no time for an epidural. I was only in the delivery room for 15 minutes before she was born. It was very fast, but I wouldn't do it again that way if I had a choice. JT had just come off the night shift in the ER. He had just enough time to grab some breakfast, help get the kids dressed and reassured and take me to the hospital. Our friend, Terri Thomas came and took care of Jay and Leslie all day while we were at the hospital, and then later while JT got some sleep. Jay and Leslie came to visit that night, and were happy to see me and the baby. Leslie didn't want to bring the baby home though.

Speaking of the Ashley, she has decided it is time to eat. More details to come.

4 comments:

cailin said...

Congratulations! She's adorable. Wow, you'll have to tell me how going from 2 to 3 is before I consider making the leap myself. Here's wishing you plenty of rest and understanding kids.

beth said...

Congratulations! She is awfully cute.

Orme Family said...

I am so happy to see your baby! I LOVE the name Ashley! I want to hear birth details later. I will give you a call when you have a chance to get back to your normal life.

Natalie R. said...

Congratulations!!! I'll try to give you a call soonish, but hopefully not until you've had a bit of time to get feeling better. ;0)