Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kindergarten at last

After months of waiting, Jay finally started kindergarten. He was so excited, and has loved it. He already knows over half of the curriculum, so he is able to enjoy it without stressing over it. He has already made several friends, and has tons to tell me when I pick him up. Leslie loves to pick up Jay. Everyday she tells me "After naps we will pick up Jay. Good Idea!!", and everyday when she wakes up from her nap she tells me it is time to pick up Jay. Fortunately, she is usually right and she doesn't have to wait. The school is only a few blocks away, so I load the kids in the stroller and walk. Jay uses the walk home to tell me everything that happened that day. We are working on writing his name and reading, and he loves pointing to words and telling me what they say. I am very proud of his hard work. He is also infecting Leslie who is learning her letters so she can read like Jay. She has no intention of letting him outdistance her like that =).

3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that's so amazing!! I can't believe he's growing up so fast, I'm sure you and James are very proud of him. :0)

Orme Family said...

I love hearing about you guys. We still think about you all the time. Now we are on opposite sides of the country! Check out my blog to hear about Josh at Kindergarten. Maybe one Christmas we will still get together. I'm sure the boys will pick up where they left off. Tell James hi!

Grandma T said...

Jay, we are so proud of you and how well you are doing in school. You are awesome! Leslie, keep helping mom with Ashley. You are such a good big sister. We love you. Grandma and Grandpa T