Thursday, September 4, 2008

Same old stuff

Not much has been going on here that is new. Jay has started picking out his own clothes, and even though I fold shirts and pants together, he doesn't always go with my choice. Sometimes the results are funny. Today for instance, he wants to play soccer, so he has to wear his soccer shirt that Grandma brought him from Italy, and silky shorts. The shirt has red and black vertical stripes (and he has to wear it backwards so he can see the number), and the shorts are mostly black (sounds okay so far doesn't it), with baby blue and bright yellow running down the sides. It looks very funny, but if he is willing to dress himself, I can live with it.

Leslie also likes to pick out clothes, but instead of wanting them on, she will unpack her drawer, dance among the clothes on the floor, and then put them back into the drawer. She will continue this until she is distracted by something else. Jay has taught her to run from diapers and clothes, so as soon as she sees the clothes in my hand, she will laugh and run away. She has also started saying a few words. She has been saying ma and da for a while, and signing more, please, and thank you. Yesterday she said baby, and she keeps trying to say Jay, but nothing recognizable has come out yet. She has also decided that it is okay for me to hold other babies. This was a problem for a while, and I am glad she is starting to get over it.

JT has had the week off due to a scheduling difficulty, and we have enjoyed having him home. He has been working on everything that needs to be done that he hasn't had the time to do. The office space for instance, and getting a bunk bed, and finishing up paperwork for residency applications. All in all, we have had a productive week. He will start up again on Monday.

I will also start teaching my cooking class again on Monday. I have put together a ten week plan of successful projects, and am going to stick to it until the baby is born. That way, whoever fills in for me won't have to do much in the way of planning. I will also be participating in Joy School for Jay, and will be teaching that every five weeks. I am excited, but not as excited as Jay is. He will be going Tuesday and Thursday for two hours, and knows all of the participating children from church. He is older than most of them, but will have fun socializing with them anyway.

So cute, Leslie had left me to 'babysit' her doll, and she just came to pick her up. She took the doll from me, gave her a big hug, and walked out of the room singing to her.

It has been two weeks since our last bedbug treatment, and after throwing away a couch that I found them in, we haven't had any more problems with them (knock on wood). I have started putting back everything that was misplaced because of the problem, and I love having things back the way they should be. I now know the true meaning of the word infestation, and I hope never to have to deal with it again. That is all for now, I will try to keep up as events unfold.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

It sounds like things are going well! Has Jay taught Leslie how to throw her clothes off yet? ;0) I bet it's fun having James around, wish him luck getting ERAS ready!!