Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not Dead Yet

I realize that it has been months since my last post, so here goes a quick catch up. I am very uncomfortably pregnant, and can't wait to have this baby. Intellectually, I want to wait one more week so that JT can finish his current rotation, but physically, I want the baby out NOW!!!!! That about sums it up for me. JT has one more week of his Emergency Room rotation before taking a few weeks off to help with the baby. He will then finish up his last five weeks, and be done until graduation (Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, (This is me doing the celebration dance)). He has had a few interviews for residency, but we won't know where we are going to end up for a few more months.
Jay is growing up so fast. He is learning so fast. I can't believe he will be starting Kindergarten this year. He is a pro with any game you give him with minimal practice, and is an excellent big brother. His current problem is how to deal with Leslie's bad moods. She is in the hitting stage, and he won't hit her back, and gets very upset when she doesn't understand that he doesn't like to be hit. He is working on different methods of helping me teach her. He is also very excited about the baby. He loves babys, and loves to see and feel my stomach move.
Leslie is also growing fast. She is always suprising me with new words that I can understand, and is usually willing to help me do little things (like pick up her toys) if I give her good instructions. She suprised us last week by walking into the front room where JT was watching football, and pointing at the tv and saying "football". She is getting very good at telling us what she wants/needs without throwing a fit. Her new fun thing to do is to run from wall to wall in the apartment as fast as she can. She is finally able to do this without falling over her feet, and she is proud of herself. She is dealing with the anxiety of seeing my tummy grow, and wondering where that will leave her, but she has been doing better the last few days. I have been sitting down a lot and holding her, or spending extra time with her, and I think it has helped.
Sorry this has been so short after so long, but it is late and JT has to get up early, but check in the next few weeks for news and pictures of the new baby.

1 comment:

Grandma T said...

We are glad you are still alive and well in NJ. We love seeing the pics of Jay and Leslie. Hang in there, pregnancy can't last forever! We love you.