Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Story

Okay, I know it is a little late, but I have been crazy mom, trying to be the mom of four (Who signed me up for this anyway? =). As it turned out, Carter James Thomson decided he wanted to be around for the joint birthday party, so I went into labor early Saturday morning, and spent part of my labor (after the epidural) rescheduling the birthday party. Carter was born Feb. 5, 2011 at 12:55 pm. He was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. The first thing he did (before he even cried) was pee on the nurse. We had a bit of a hard time getting him to cry, and his skin had a bluish tint to it until he was under the heat lamp for a few minutes. He is definately an Arizona baby if he gets cold that easy. After a little while he was the right color and crying just fine. We left the hospital the next day, everything looking normal. I was very lucky to have a mother in law "on call", and she showed up to help (from Utah) before I got home from the hospital. She stayed for a week, doing everything she could to help. It was wonderful having her here. I don't know what I would have done without her. Two days after she left, my parents came to help for a few weeks. They also helped with the cooking, cleaning, laundry, watching the kids while I slept, etc., and I was sad to see them go. Since then, I have been doing well, but still wonder how I am going to get everything done. Some days are better than others. As Carter gets older, it is easier to get things done because he doesn't feel the need to be held all the time, but he wants to be held now, so I am finished for now. Pictures will follow soon (I hope).

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

That is so amazing, congrats!!!! I can't wait to see some pictures of Carter when you get a chance - I'm sure you have your hands VERY full now!! I'm so happy for your family, congratulations again!! :-D